Ear Wax Removal Clinic
** 10% off all ear cleans for the month of June 2022 **
Ear wax removal performed by our qualified practice nurse Bridga, using micro suction technology
Ear wax removal is a delicate process, and should only be performed by a trained and qualified individual. Our practice nurse Bridga is a Registered Nurse, and trained in ear wax removal under the guidance of Dr Niall Jefferson.
What is micro suction?
Micro suction is an ear wax removal technique that is safe, non-invasive, and pain free. Our nurse will use a microscope and a low pressure suction device to remove built up wax from the ear canal.
Who can get it done?
Anyone over the age of 17 years.
The procedure is suitable for people who:
- Have impacted ear wax
- Have issues with the ear canal where syringing is not suitable, or has been unsuccessful
- Wear hearing aids
- Have narrow or curvy ear canals
- Have an overproduction of ear wax
- Regularly wear in ear headphones
- Work in dusty environments
- Suffer skin conditions such as dermatitis or psoriasis
How much does it cost?
Ear wax removal is $50 per ear that requires treatment.
If no wax is found at the time of your appointment, a reduced fee of $40 will be applied.
Why would I need to have ear wax removal performed?
Ear wax generally migrates out of the ear canal on its own. However, in a percentage of the population, ear wax does not remove itself naturally.
What are the symptoms of wax impaction?
- A feeling of fullness in the ear or ears
- Hearing loss
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Itchy ears
- Pain or discomfort
- Odour or discharge coming from the ears
No referral required!
Phone our rooms on 4955 8044 to make an appointment
- Multiple appointments may sometimes be required for removal of wax build up.
- Baby oil should be used in your ear(s) prior to your appointment to soften the ear wax, and assist in removal
Ear wax removal cannot be performed if:
- You have a perforated ear drum
- You currently have grommets