This medical practice collects information from you for the primary purpose of providing quality health care. We require you to provide us with your personal details and a full medical history so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your health care needs.
We will use the information you provide in the following ways:
- Administrative purposes in running our medical practice.
- Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare and Health Insurance Commission requirements.
- Disclosure to others involved in your health care, including treating doctors and specialists outside this medical practice. This may occur through referral to other doctors, or for medical tests and in the reports or results returned to us following the referrals.
How we protect your information:
- All medical records are backed up daily to prevent loss of your information
- All staff are bound by medical confidentiality agreements
- Medical records are stored securely following your treatment
- All hard copy documents are shredded and destroyed
- Your information will not be released without your verbal or written consent
- Your information will not be requested from other health providers without your verbal or written consent
You are not obliged to provide any information requested of you, but failure to do so might compromise the quality of the health care and treatment given.
You have the right to access the information collected about you, except in some circumstances where access might legitimately be withheld. You will be given an explanation in these circumstances.
If your information is to be used for any other purpose other than set out above, your further consent will be obtained.