Telehealth and the Corona Virus
Ear, nose and throat examinations and surgery are considered extremely high risk for virus transmission and so we are making immediate changes in our practice. From 31 March 2020 all appointments will be telehealth until further notice. If you have a scheduled appointment with us, it will simply be conducted via telehealth. We prefer to use the ZOOM app for video conferencing but if you are unable to access the app or the internet at the time of your appointment, please let us know and a phone call appointment will be made for you instead.
What is telehealth?
Telehealth is the use of video conferencing for the purpose of providing telemedicine, medical education, and health education over a distance. It is commonly used to service rural areas of the country. Dr Jefferson has been conducting telehealth appointments for many years as a way to deliver healthcare to his patients living in remote parts of NSW.
How can my health be assessed over a video conference?
Although a physical exam cannot be conducted via video conferencing there are many things Dr Jefferson CAN do via telehealth.
- Take your medical history
- Review test results
- Review medical imagining
- Review photos you have taken yourself
- Provide referrals for further testing (sleep testing, allergy testing or hearing testing)
- Provide a plan of medical treatment and provide prescriptions
- Schedule a follow up “face to face” appointment or telehealth appointment
How to use zoom?
- Download the zoom app on your phone & create an account if you do not already have one (please ensure this is done 24 hours prior to your appointment)
- A few minutes prior to your appointment, you will receive an SMS with a unique link to join your consultation
- Click “Join with video”
- Click “call using internet audio”
- A black screen will show until Dr Jefferson admits you to the consultation – this may take a few moments
- Your microphone may be on mute by default – please ensure that you unmute this so that Dr Jefferson can hear you
* If you wish for the practice to email your link to you instead of SMS, please contact the rooms to inform us
To be paid PRIOR to the appointment date, over the phone via credit card or by bank transfer.
Initial Consultation: $115 ($39.95 Out Of Pocket)
Review Consultation: $60 ($22.30 Out Of Pocket)
Account name: Dr Niall Jefferson
BSB: 650 000
Account Number: 528 140 909
Reference: Patient’s Name